QUICK & EASY RECIPES by Premier Food Choice: Butter Shrimp with Honey & Garlic
We’re sharing one of our go-to recipes when we’re craving for something delicious but don’t have much time to spare – Butter Shrimp with Honey & Garlic. This dish is packed with flavor and has all the makings of a master chef meal without the effort. Its unique blend of ingredients has a little bit of everything – a taste of Thai, a hint of Italian and a well-balanced mix of butter, garlic, spiciness and sweetness. Every bite is sure to leave you craving for the next.
The best part is, it’s a one-skillet dish and only takes 20 minutes to whip up! It’s the perfect way to end a busy day with an easy, hearty and healthy meal. Now that we’re all drooling, let’s get to the fun part – how to make it!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Serves: 4 people
Calories per Serving: 308
1 ½ pounds of Premier Food Market’s large shrimps, peeled and deveined
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
6 cloves of garlic, finely chopped or grated
1 tsp of dried ginger OR 1 inch of freshly grated ginger
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
2 jalapenos, seeded and chopped 4 tbsp salted butter
¾ cup canned coconut milk
2 tbsp soy sauce (healthy option: low sodium)
3 tbsp honey 1 lime (zest and juice)
¼ cup fresh cilantro or basil, chopped
1. Season your Premium Food Choice Shrimp with salt and pepper.
2. In a large skillet, pour your olive oil over medium heat.
3. Once the oil starts to simmer, add the shrimp and cook for 2 minutes per side or until the shrimp turns pink.
4. Add in your seasonings – garlic, ginger, cayenne pepper and jalapenos.
5. Add in your salted butter and keep stirring until your garlic turns golden brown.
6. Once the garlic starts to caramelize, add in your liquids – coconut milk, soy sauce and honey.
7. Keep stirring for about 2 to 3 minutes or until your ingredients come to a simmer.
8. Remove your skillet from the heat and add in your final flavoring – lime juice and cilantro / basil.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH BUTTER SHRIMP?
We personally like serving our Butter Shrimp recipe with a side of Mango Salsa for an added layer of freshness and flavor. Mix all these ingredients together:
1 mango or 2 cups of pineapple chunks
1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 lime (zest and juice)
¼ cup cilantro, roughly chopped
Salt to taste
Serve your Premier Food Market Shrimp over rice and top it with this delicious Mango Salsa, and voila! A delicious 20-minute meal.
WHERE TO GET QUALITY SHRIMP?
Browse our menu and get your premium quality peeled shrimps here in Premier Food Market.